Thursday, December 6, 2007

Paging Doctor Clooney!

So we made it eleven months and 5 days before our first ER trip with Henry, and I have to say my experience was a bit of a disappointment...

Tuesday morning, I walk to the living room to see my son trying to chew up one of those glass tree ornaments. I get the blood in his mouth and shirt cleaned up, and am trying to see into his mouth to see if there are any cuts. The bleeding stops, so I put him in his high chair to see if he will eat. He starts crying and bleeding again, and I start to panic a bit. I'm no doctor, but I know that ingesting glass probably isn't the breakfast of champions. I run to get my clothes on and dash out the door to the Kania Clinic.

The twelve year old minimum wage kid working at the counter (apparently NASA wasn't hiring this week) informs me that they cant see Hank and I have to go to the ER.

It took us about an hour just to get triaged, and the nurse tells me that there aren't cuts in his mouth, and since he isn't choking or coughing that he likely didn't swallow anything, but that the doc would be there shortly to check Hank out.

If I thought church was fun with this guy, try chasing him around the ER! He did make some friends, first with this old gal in a wheel chair, who was kind enough to unlock her wheels so Hank could push her around a bit. Then with another lady whose gall bladder was about to burst who offered to share her ice tea with him, then the poor green teenager who was trying to sleep that Hank wanted to play peek-a-boo with. Hank just ran from patient to patient, absolutely convinced that the only prescription they needed was some Vitamin-H.

The disappointing part was that here I am, sitting by myself, no ring on my finger (it got forgotten in the rush out the door) and not one hot doctor tried to hit on me! I've seen the show, and I know that every distraught mom gets picked up by either Euro doc, commitment-phobia doc, cute-rookie doc, etc. But not me. I was waiting for a helicopter to crash through the windows, or some rare and life-threatening disease to shut the place down. Heck, I was about to OD on Dayquil just to liven the place up.

But in the end, after a few hours when it was obvious that Hank was not slowly choking to death or bleeding internally, we decided to go home and have a nap.

NBC is full of crap.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

THAT'S IT!!! This family is going Jewish. No Hannukah tree ornaments to contend with and the ability to finally get what the big deal with Seinfeld is. Take care of that little boy...

EarlGirl said...

I'm sorry you didn't get hit on. What were you wearing? Must not have been red, because you look great in red. Keep that in mind for next time.

Lee said...

I am glad he is okay. Kids think those look mighty tasty. Hopefully he will leave the balls alone.

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I just love emergency visits....NOT.We had the joy of spending the day after Thanksgiving in the emergency room in Idaho. I'm glad all is well. Bailey has tried to eat a few ornaments herself, luckily, no blood. By the way, I just wanted to tell you what a cool, awesome, fun person you are!!

My Three Sons said...

I think you have to go to Seattle to get that slew of docs :) Maybe these ones were intimidated by your hottness! I am glad Hank is ok. Joseph recently chewed up four different glass balls. Does the drama ever end? I am glad, however, that everyone in the ER was treated with vitamin-H (LOVE IT!) Happy Christmas!

Aimee said...

Oh you are so FUNNY! (Smile) Yeah who does NBC think they are? THE NERVE! (Smile) I'm so glad that Hank is okay, but YIKES what an experience!

Vitamin-H is definitely a dose we could all use. (Smile) He's such a cute boy!

You're so Great! Thanks for being you!
Aimee

Seth Price said...

You crack me up! Jess told me about the blog and I laughed. Now I've read it myself and peed my pants. Why don't you guys live closer? When I make my millions, is there some way I could convince you guys to live closer? I'd give you a yearly salary just to be my friends. See, I can't really get friends on my own so I'm trying to be rich so I can buy them. (c;

DCAja said...

https://www.tokopedia.com/zippozi/zippo-knight-fight-design-49292-original-made-in-usa