Monday, February 2, 2009

Last week, Shane and I had the chance to go to Maui for a few days. It was a wonderful trip and we had such a blast. Get ready for an old-fashioned slide show!


Here we are on the plane...pale, and excited.





Literally within 10 minutes of checking into the hotel we were swimming in the pacific blue. Every evening at sunset the hotel does a cliff diving ceremony.



We were about a 10 minute drive to Lahaina, were you could get a burger and this view for about $8.


When we went to the car rental place, Shane was jumping for joy that we got a PT Cruiser. So this is me showing him how cool a car it can be...

And here's one for the ladies...


My favorite shade of blue!

Run Forrest, Run!

Yes, that is 32oz of Prime Rib on his plate. Eat your heart out Derek!

A Cabana With A View




Shane rediscovered his love of swimming in the ocean.


Thursday Shane had all day meetings, so I went into Lahaina and did the historical tours (making me the coolest nerd ever).

View of Front Street





This ship got washed up on the rock by a storm. We were fascinated by it!


The home of Reverend Baldwin, a missionary/doctor and hero to Lahaina. The tour was great, even though I almost cried when they said that James Michner's book was full of historical errors. I still love you Jerusha Bromley!




The Lahaina Fort, built when the drunken whalers would fire their cannons onto the town.





The Courthouse


At the Company Luau



Look at that face! He looks 10 years old!





Our last few minutes on the beach. I decided to take this rainbow as a good omen of a speedy return.


Back on the plane. A little less pale, very sad, but excited to see our boy.


I just want to thank Nana again for coming to stay with Hank. He was so happy that he didn't even notice we were gone! You are the best mom and Nana in the world and we love you so much!

9 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Looks like you had too much fun without us :)

I love that you went on the historical tour by yourself, sounds like something I would do!

That beach is calling my name...

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

that boat was tipped over like that when we were there!!! hmmmm. It looks like a fabulous trip. We are so sorry you missed Makenna Beach :).

The Beagleys said...

Looks like you two had a blast!! I also have to mention ,it seems that Shane has the same love for PT Cruisers as we do! :) We were in Utah and rented a car and guess what it was? Yes, you're right, a PT Cruisers...we were embarrassed to be seen all weekend!

hatch said...

Ok I am officially jealous!!! It looks and sounds like you had a blast. I am proud of you and your historical tour. I would have loved to have gone on one of those. I guess I am a nerd too.

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I feel your pain of coming home, especially to this cold gloomy weather. It is so nice to come home but it is definately a shock to the system to get back into the groove after just chillin for a week.

Allison said...

Oh, how dreamy! Was that Burger in Paradise in Lahaina? Love it! I'm totally jealous since our fabulous beach vacation apparently didn't come with sunny weather and nice beach time! Glad you got some, though!

Anonymous said...

That looks like lots of fun!!

Ahh the sea, I miss swimming in seawater, it makes me want to go on vacation so bad.

I'm so happy for you guys!!

Stephanie

yennu said...

Sunshine, sand, water, virgin margaritas, no kids, cabanana, cabanana boys = Paradise!! I'm sooo glad I was there to help you down off of your vacation high with the help of diet Pepsi!!!

Seth Price said...

I LOVE MAUI!!! I'm seriously supposed to live there I think. I also think I'm part polynesian, but to look at my ghostly white skin you wouldn't know it. It looks like you were at some of our favorite places. Cheeseburger in Paradise rocks!!!! I think we should do a friends trip to Maui. This is to go along with my guys trip to Maui, family trip to Maui, in-laws trip to Maui, kids trip to Maui, ward trip to Maui, work trip to Maui, Facebook friends trip to Maui and random acquantances and strangers trips to Maui. What? I can't get enough of the place. Don't be hatin'!