Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks to my friend Seth for his awesome Thanksgiving post. Here is my list of things I am most grateful for:

The Gospel: Of course, that comes first because everything else I have comes from having the gospel. For my testimony, my temple covenants, and the tender mercies of my Heavenly Father I am grateful.

Shane: Truly a blessing second only to the Gospel. He is truly my best friend and there is no one I would rather share my life with. He loves me, he makes me laugh, he keeps me in check (in a good way), and he is an incredible father. I adore him.

Henry: We waited a long time for Hank to join our family, and when he finally arrived he turned my life upside down. There were times in the beginning where I truly did not believe that I was cut out for motherhood, but he stuck with me (maybe that's why they don't learn to walk right away) and now we are a happy pair. He has made me so much better, so much more patient, selfless, and structured. My days are full of Hank and for that I am grateful.

My Family: For the family I was born into, and the family I married into. For their love and support, and for those life lessons that can only be taught by those you call family.

My Calling: I can't tell you what I meant to move into a ward that I feel like I already belong to. It was a fulfillment of Heavenly Father's promise to me that I would find my life in Kennewick. I love the sisters I serve with, and those I try my best to serve.

My Friends: It is truly a blessing to have so many of my closest friends be members of my family, and a blessing to have friends that feel like members of my family. So to sisters, cousins, neighbors, running buddies, A-Listers, VBBFF's, WB's/former roommates, and of course, Traci, I am grateful.

Home: This has taken new meaning this year for this Army brat. Home, which was always more of an idea than a place, became a tangible address. I am so proud of our home, and grateful to have it.

The Impossible: I am grateful to achieve the impossible and prove myself wrong this year by becoming a runner.

Now my list of one word answers:

Chocolate (I'm with you Seth)
Dance floors
Great Books
The Beatles
New recipes
nap time
bath time
Musicals
Seasons
The Neighborhood
Prayers

3 comments:

Lee said...

What a sweet post Megan. I am so happy you are in our ward. You are so wonderful. I always love to hear you speak. You are an awesome woman.

Anonymous said...

Just looking at the things you're thankful for and I must've missed something. I don't see my name there. Wierd.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why it says anonymous. But you should've known anyway that it was from your favorite cousing Mike.