Monday, May 12, 2008

Team Jolene!

For those of you who never knew my cousin Jolene, I just want to say I'm sorry you never got to meet her. She was one of the funniest, bravest, loudest, hungriest, coolest girls I ever met. Jo made every room she walked into come alive. I am humbled to have known her, and blessed to have her in my eternal family. I think about her every day, and try to measure my faith, my joy and my prayers against hers. She was on the top of my very short list of hero's and I miss her.

This weekend, Jolene's amazing sister Karine sponsored 'Team Jolene' in the annual Cystic Fibrosis walk in Yakima. Shane, Hank and I drove up to participate and do a tiny part in helping find a cure to the disease Jolene fought her entire life.

Here are some pictures:

Hank showing his Jolene pride!


Two of the cutest members of Team Jolene, Hank and his cuz-cuz Maddie





Team Jolene







Along the route they had posters from different sponsors, and we were so excited to find one by my sweet mom!

To read about Jolene from those who loved her best, here is her myspace page....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=40225308

Also, to learn about Great Strides, and donate to this amazing and worthy cause click here:

http://www.cff.org/GREAT_STRIDES/

We love you Jo!

5 comments:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

AWESOME!!!! I'm so proud to be a member of this family. There is one more website for Jolene that I love as well:

http://www.kenningtons.com/jolenearmstrong/home.htm

My Three Sons said...

What a wonderful post! I'm glad you got to participate in the run. She must be an inspiration to many people! Also, I can NOT believe Shane has already lost 11 lbs. No fair :)

The Bloxham Bunch said...

Sweet post. Next time give us a call and we will "attempt" (I've been a slankin' lately) to run with you. And look at that little charmer Hank. That kid can wrap anyone around his finger!!!!!

Bethany said...

Way to go, girl.

Karine said...

Isn't Jo the best?? I love and miss her more than I can express. Thank you for all your support. It was wonderful to see you and your adorable family.
Love ya,
Karine
PS When would be a good time for us to come play games???