Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Pics of Hank

I have been less than diligent in blogging lately, so will take a few moments to post some pictures of Hank (and thus appease his Nana).


Here are Hank and Nana at Riverfront Park in Spokane. Notice Nana's vice-grip on Hank to keep him from going "Tom Hanks" and becoming a Mer-man. Some nice lady gave Hank a piece of bread to feed the ducks, to which he promptly ate it. Now that's dominion over the beasts, baby!


This park also has an amazing giant red-flyer wagon slide that Hank had a blast on...he just couldn't understand what the other kids were doing on it....

Going...





Going...


Gone!




Hank's new obsession...shoes! He loves plodding along in other people's shoes. It's a way to constantly remind him that he is the first child and therefore holds all our overblown expectations in those big shoes he has to fill....



Here is Hank right before church on the morning of his first trip to nursery! If you weren't in the building or in a 5-mile radius and didn't get a chance hear his hysterically sobbing as they brought him back to me in Sunday School, then you missed out. My apologies to Bro. Linde, as I am sure it was a great lesson up to that point.



So Wednesday afternoon I was in the family room and things had gotten very quiet in Hank's room. I went to investigate and he wasn't there. I did a search of the house and found this: He had gotten into the garage, found his stroller, climbed in and fell asleep (or else passed out from heat exhaustion.) This is especially endearing to me, because my scrapbooks are filled with pictures of me at his age, dead asleep in the most random of places...The dream lives on!

BTW, we are not usually so ghetto...he was in his swimming trunks and no shirt because we were going to the water-park later that afternoon. Okay, we are that ghetto.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. I can never get enough of that boy!

I love you guys.

Mom

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I love the pics of this awesome little guy. Can't wait to catch up soon. I have some fun pics to share with you from my crazy trip to Ut. & Id.

Unknown said...

Yeah Hank and Megan/Shane are in nursery. We can hang out. Don't worry it will get better, at least that's what they tell me. We've only been in there for 1 1/2years waiting for Ava to love Nursery or just like it a little. She did do swimming lessons today by herself without one tear. Go figure I think nursery is much to boring we need the added element of drownding danger to get her to be independent!! See you in a couple of weeks. Jen (Oh my brother is logged in)