Monday, July 7, 2008

Why I love my brother Simon:



  • The way you sing “The Lord is my Light” like Mariah Carey.


  • For being one of the few people brave enough to never compromise your personality and nice enough to never ask people to compromise theirs.


  • For your love of all foods greasy, sticky, multi-colored, and age inappropriate. Is there anyone else past nine who could pound a box of Go-gurts?


  • For the way you still look forward to finding a drum set under the Christmas tree.

  • For being funny and kind simultaneously. Not many are talented enough to pull that off, including me.


  • For your long Fast Sunday dinner prayers…I admit they drove me crazy at the time, but I love knowing that my baby brother prays for me.


  • For not letting a falling piano keep you down. You took it like a man!


  • You teach us by the things you do, not by the words you speak.


  • For your cockney accent, missions from the Queen, and “A little bit of luck”.


  • For giving your tips to Mom and Dad. You truly amaze me.

  • For making Shane's introduction into our family unforgettable. (And thank you Shane, for marrying me anyway)


  • For being the first one to forgive, always.


  • For your millions of “Simonisms” including, “I hate the world”, “They can’t keep me from selling!”, “Sorry dad, I wasn’t really paying attention”, and of course, “Don’t mind if I do!”


  • For taking all the trials except chubbiness.


  • For apple juice and raw hot dogs. (Sorry Derek, for falling on that grenade)


  • For bearing your testimony sincerely and frequently.


  • For your absolute persistence and utter patience. If only you had been born first and wore Mom and Dad out before the rest of us showed up!


  • For never allowing yourself to become victimized, no matter what. You have never begrudged your trials, you simply get through them quietly and honorably.


  • For ding-dong non-ditching


  • For your huge heart inside that skinny body.


  • Your impersonation of raptors, Grandma, and the call of a cougar….freaking hilarious.


  • For pursuing your music and the joy you take in it.


  • For your love of the Savior and your fellow men.
Slimy-Simy, you are such a blessing in my life and I absolutely adore you. You are an incredible example to me and I am more proud and humbled by you than I can say. You are someone I look up to and strive to be more like. You are a hero to me and I love you more than I can blog.

5 comments:

Derek and Emily said...

He is wonderful! He contiually makes me laugh and inspires me.

Alinde said...

Awe, that was a sweet post! Hey Megan, I just wanted to stop by and see how you're doing. (smile)
Aimee

hatch said...

Hey I just learned that Simon and I have something in common. I too am over the age of nine and I can down a box of Gogert in no time. I love the stuff.

Anonymous said...

You missed one of the great Simonisms of all time - "Was he a holy man?"

Thanks so much for taking the time. It means so much to Simon and to us. We love you and appreciate all you have done for us and Simon.

Mom

Jody Peck said...

Megan, I don't know you yet, but look forward to meeting you. (I'm Stephanie's mom) Thank you for sharing your lovely words about your brother. I, too, love Simon. (It's hard not to love him for all the great reason you gave!!) He has already been a great blessing to our family and I look forward to many more in the future with he and my sweet, Stephanie! I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog.
Hugs to you,
Jody Peck