Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Opening at another show


I've been getting a lot of questions about my play opening this weekend, so I thought I would give a little heads up, since it's not a well-known show. It's called "Children of Eden" and was written by Stephen Schwartz, (the guy who wrote Pipin and Wicked). It is based on the first 10 chapters of Genesis. The first act begins with the Creation, down through the expulsion from the garden, Cain and Abel, and ends with the death of Eve. The second act is the story of Noah.


All the actors play mirror parts in the first and second acts. In the first act I play Eve, and the second I play Mama Noah (no, she doesn't have a real name. I call her Fanny.)


This truly is an amazing show, with a great message and spectacular music. Though it's based on the Old Testament (with some definite artistic liberty) it's not an overly religious show. It's more about family relationships, repeating mistakes, free will, etc. It's not Mormon Doctrine, so please don't bring investigators!!!


If you need information on tickets, go to http://rloc.org/ You can also contact me.

8 comments:

Allison said...

Fanny....love it! Can't wait to see it! Will I get our tix from you or at will call?

EarlGirl said...

Wow, that's so cool! Good for you!

The Bloxham Bunch said...

We're excited to see you this weekend and your SWEET skills!!!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Steve and I plan on attending next weekend. 'Can't wait to see it. You rock!

melissa gargalis said...

check you out!! still staring in productions. I'm sure this one is a step above girls camp' outdoor "theatre"?...=) I miss the ole' gangsta Megan. But seriously, that sounds awesome, way to go.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were in a play!!

It sounds like an interesting show!!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you and so very excited for your big debut. Have a great weekend. You're in our thoughts. We love you-

Mom and Dad
XXXX

Karine said...

Your show rocked! It was absolutely thrilling to watch you light up the stage. Your voice and stage presence are phenomenal! It was a proud moment for me, especially hoping that some of that talent might be coursing through my blood! :)
Love ya girl!