Monday, November 24, 2008

Susan B. Anthony is rolling in her grave...

So tonight, Shane comes home about the usual time and just like always, I look at Hank and say "Guess who's home?". He normally runs over to give Dad a hug, but tonight he was very upset when Shane walked in.

Hank walks over to me, looks his Dad straight in the eye, points at me and says "Mine!' Not to be outdone by a 2 year old, Shane grabs me , stares down his son, and starts kissing and hugging me and crying, "Mine! Mine!"

This of course infuriates Hank, who tries to push us apart, but is being blocked out by his father..all the while screeching "Mine! Mine!"

And though I know that it sets feminism back several decades, I couldn't help but smile at being fought over by two handsome men.

Forgive me Mrs. Pankhurst!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are!!

I rank third after daddy and chocolate for my oldest one :)

So I get to have my youngest all for myself who just wants mommy, in fact he even refuses the bottle, so only I can feed him.

Hank is so cute!! Love the cowboy outfit.

The Bloxham Bunch said...

Man, how would it be having two males fight over you. Your one lucky woman

EarlGirl said...

Oh, that's classic. One time we were all snuggled up as a family watching a movie. I was wearing one of those 'body armor' type push-up bras. Liam contemplated me for a moment and said, "Mom, I love your pribates." Lewis snorted back a laugh, and I just said, "Thanks."

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

that is hysterical! And you're right... there is something sick in the satisfaction we females take from moments such as these. I love it!

Derek and Emily said...

Cutest story! You are a lucky woman!

My Three Sons said...

Should we consult Freud? :) He is definitely going through the "in love with my Mama" stage! How adorable! Now, when he is teenager you can show him this post!