Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Cover your heart, Indy!"


So I am 1 year and a month from my 30th birthday. I know I should accept this with grace, but I kind of hate it. One reason is that a few years ago one of my aunts (not you Lynn, you could never be so cruel [to someones face]) told me that I would be completely grey by my 30th birthday. Hopefully (and likely) she was drunk at the time.


So you can imagine how happy I was to find the trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie today. Instantly I was 8 years old again, wearing my Pro Wings and too tight tee shirt I borrowed from Bethany, choking on the Aqua Net fumes radiating from my eclipse inducing fro.


The only way I could be happier is if this was a sequel to The Goonies, or yet another sequel to Iron Eagle (where Chappy's evil twin Chippy joins forces with a rogue Albanian terrorist unit, forcing Chappy out of retirement to bring his bald brother to justice, with the help of some 4th graders).


Anyway, enjoy this trip back into childhood, and mark your calendars for May 22. I think we need a seriously over-the-top Indiana Jones party throw down. If that includes out of towners buying their plane tickets to the Pasco airport, so be it. Whose with me?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we should make this an event and all go together... wouldn't that rock??

Anonymous said...

Let me die. I pray to Sheiba, let me die, but I do not!

I am so there it is INSANE!!

Anonymous said...

Lynn, that would be awesome, the whole gang getting together to go see yet another Indy flick. I hear in the end of this one he falls and can’t get up (My hip). I hear he is on a mission to find the missing "little blue pill"... No need to find a baby sitter for that one.

Seth Price said...

Holy crap Megan, I love you to death. I was reading your post over Jess' shoulder and she thought it was pretty funny, but I couldn't stop giggling in her ear. Especially the part about Iron Eagle and Chappy. Holy freaking crap! I love that movie!! Only you Megan. Only you.

Allison said...

You will love 30, Meg.

I could read your posts all day long...hilarious!

The Johnson's said...

Lynn,
I am so serious about you guys coming here it's not even funny. I am even going so far as to say that if my siblings dont make a honest to goodness attempt to be there, I might need to cut ties with them.

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan!!!

He was my fave character when I was little.

I remember it when I added to the list of what I wanted to be when I grew up the profession of archaeologist.

So yes, I wanted to be a homemaker-astronaut-archaeologist-explorer and be married to the bionic man or the man from Atlantis, can't remember which one.

But then Indiana Jones replaced them and he became my only hero, and Harrison Ford was also Han Solo from Star Wars so that made him cooler :)

My Three Sons said...

We are definitely in...for sure! I never could get enough of either Indiana Jones or Han Solo, Wow! Don't worry my friend, I have been 30 now for four months and it isn't as bad as I had previously thought it would be...we're definitely going to have a girl's night to remember for your big day! Let's get planning....

The Bloxham Bunch said...

Megan-wassup. Haven't seen you in like a whole week. I am soooo excited for this movie to come out. I saw the previews a few weekends ago when we went to see JUMPER. It was one of my favorites when I was little (next to Star Wars) this might have to be a total Indy Couples Party night :)