Friday, February 15, 2008

10 Days in Provo

We have just returned from a wonderful trip to Provo where we were visiting my family. Of course, the trip was bittersweet because the reason for vacation was to send my baby brother Simon off to Louisville, Kentucky to serve his 2 year mission. Here are some of the highlights:

Hank is ready for his first trip to the Marriott Center to watch BYU play TCM. His Nana and Papa made sure he was outfitted appropriately. Here he is with Uncle Derek:



He couldn't be bothered with pictures, that's how into this game he was. Here he is with Nana and Papa:



Thanks Aunt Bethany for the awesome Suns jersey! Hank was so excited that he couldnt stop hugging and kissing Bethany to show his appreciation. Here are the 2 biggest Suns fans, Hanks and Uncle Simon showing off:




Here are Bethany and Nathan after we ate our body weight in red meat at the resturant Tucano's. For anyone unfamiliar with this Cardiologist's nightmare, it is a Brazilian grill where they bring huge slabs of every kind of meat to your table and slice off pieces about every 30 seconds until you almost burst. My favs were the grilled pineapple, parmesan encrsted grilled veggies and the teriyaki steak. YUM!



My siblings rocking out to Rock Star:



Even Hank wanted to get in on the action. Here he is on drums (and yes, he is using 2 wooden spoons to play. He is so ahead of his time):



...And as the back-up dancer:

Mom and Dad have a great sledding hill right by their house. Here are some shots:


Shane:




Mom:



And me!



I also got to hang out with my college roommates, Traci, Jessie and Nickie, I bowled a life-time high of 158 (I never even broke 100 before!), sang in church with my family, ate at Costa Vita, and of course, the highlight was going to the Temple for the first time with all my siblings.


We love you so much Simon! We are so proud of you and will pray for you every night. "May the road rise to meet you...and until we meet again, may the Lord hold you in the palm of his hand."

Simon, me, Bethany and Derek outside the Provo Temple.

5 comments:

Karine said...

How amazing!! What a wonderful experience for your family! I can't wait to hear all the detail from you.

Hank is so beautiful! I know thats not the typical word to use for a boy, but really he is absolutely beautiful!

We have to get together ASAP for another game night!

PS I love the pic of Shane trying to claw himself down the hill!

Lee said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!! How fun for you. And I love all of the pics.

Love the new blog look too!!

Allison said...

What an awesome trip! I love that last picture of you all.

Hank is absolutely adorable. My favs are the BYU outfit and him watching the game so intently!! You're a lucky mama!

megan said...

Well, hello there! I just discovered your blog via LeeAnn's blog. This is Megan Haslam- we used to be in 15th ward long ago. Anyway, now I have another blog to peruse. Fun to see you and your family!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! I love you all!

Mom
XXXX