Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Mayor of Bracketville

Congratulations to Shane, who after suffering 5 years of humiliating defeat has finally won the family pool. Shane, who always chooses with his heart rather than his head, and who has sworn each year that he would never fill out another bracket again, watched his beloved Kansas pull-out a huge victory last night. Now we can put his name next to other prestigious past winners, Mom (twice), Simon, Brian, and that British guy my sister married. All I can say is, "Free at last, free at last. Thank Jayhawks almighty, I am free at last!"

4 comments:

Lee said...

That is great he won! I love the final 4! Totally fun.
Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Was the "Free at last" comment directed at the "British Guy" or at the fact that Shane won? Give MATL a chance....

Derek and Emily said...

I know we were cheering for Kansas.. but it was mostly for Shane's sake! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.