Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Provo, again

So my beautiful nephew was born last week, and since I couldn't stand to wait to meet him until June, my mother-in-law offered to drive me and Hank to Utah to meet baby Ethan. It was very last minute, and a very long drive, but it was all worth it.

We left Thursday morning, and Hank was amazingly well behaved for his first long car ride. He was very excited to see his Nana and Papa. We met Ethan Friday morning, and he is wonderful. He opened his eyes and peed on me, so I know we are destined to be good friends. Hank was very cautious around him, probably because I was always close by saying, "be soft!" in a somewhat high-pitched and hysterical tone. He did warm up to the baby, and patted his head and gave him some kisses.

I also got to see my wonderful roommates from Ricks again. Traci and I smoked Jessie and Nickie at Canasta and we retold our favorite stories, and caught up on new ones. They seriously are the best friends a gal could ask for.

We watched conference, ate, laughed, shopped, and had a great time. We got home Monday, and both Hank and I were thrilled to see Shane. Thanks Vickie for the ride. And thanks mom and dad for everything. We miss you already!


Hank trying to give the terrified Ethan a kiss. Apparently Gibson warned Ethan about how to deal with Hurricane Hank!


Proud Parents

4 comments:

yennu said...

I was wondering where you were. I'm glad your home safe and sound. By the looks of it Hank is ready for another baby in the house:)

Seth Price said...

WHAT!?!?! I stay up chatting, laughing and gossiping with you girls until 1am and not even a single drop of the name? See if I ever try to get fresh with you again while you play Canasta. That'll show ya! (Sorry Shane, she was lookin' mighty fine and you weren't around. Had to take a chance.)

hatch said...

I have missed my little friend Hank the past two days. Do you think he will still like me when he sees me again? I sure hope so. He really was a trooper. The best traveler I have ever known.

Derek and Emily said...

Thanks for making the long trek. It was so nice to see you and Hank, and it's so fun to show off my boy. We hope to see you again soon!