Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hankisms

Just some of the latest Hank stories:


So since Hank was born we would say family prayer by his crib with one of us holding him. We decided he was old enough to learn how to fold his arms, etc. So we kneel down to pray in our family room and Shane is holding Hank, trying to get him to fold his arms. He was not having it. He does not like to be controlled by anything but the beat. So Shane lets him go and continues the prayer. I open my eyes to make sure he's not lighting matches or anything, and he is standing there, his little hands clasped together with his head bowed. It was one of the greatest parenting moments ever! Shane finishes and we tell Hank what a great job he did, to which he gave us both high-fives. He also loves shouting "amen" at the end of the prayer. What can I say? He is just so pious.

This morning we were watching American Idol. Hank rarely sits in my lap to watch TV, but he was pretty mesmorized by the singing. During David Cooks song, Hank raises his arms and starts swaying them with the rest of audience. I guess just like his mom, he's a sucker for Neil Diamond.

Mac and Cheese anyone?

5 comments:

Bethany said...

There are two type of people in the world, those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't. Apparently, Hank has joined us on the dark side!

hatch said...

I think Hank needs to come play at Aunt Kims really soon.
By the way Neil Diamond is hot for an old man.

Derek and Emily said...

Too cute! We miss our Hankers!

Anonymous said...

I miss my boy!

Nana

Lee said...

He is so cute!! Love it!